Soft and chewy cookies made with cream cheese for a real authentic cheesecake taste!
There is nothing better than a warm cookie right out of the oven. And a warm chocolate chip cookie is right at the top of the cookie list.
Pair that with a glass of cold milk, and I’m in heaven.
Lately, I’ve been trying to branch out my cookie making skills and try to make different types of cookies.
I’ve made cheesecake cookies in the past and they were amazing but they were stuffed with a cream cheese mixture to mimic the “cheesecake” flavor. This time I wanted to incorporate that cheesecake flavor throughout the whole cookie and mix cream cheese into the cookie batter.
Since cheesecake, the dessert, is one of the hubby and I’s favorite things.. it only makes sense to try and make other cheesecake flavored things.
These cookies hit right on the mark. They are soft and chewy and have that incredible cheesecake flavor in every bite.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or lining with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and cream cheese. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter by rounded tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are set and edges are slightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheet for about 4-5 minutes then move to wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Serve immediately.