Delicious baked chicken with a panko crust and sweet honey mustard glaze.
Spring break officially starts today and I am super excited!! The hubby has this week off too so we have some fun stuff planned with the kiddos this week. Since we only live about 1.5 hours away from Chicago, he wants to take the kids to the Brookfield Zoo and the Shedd aquarium. I'm all for it but not sure about taking 2 trips to Chicago this week because of the driving. Granted it's not that far, that's just a lot of driving. We'll see, maybe if we don't go on consecutive days because I don't think we could do both the zoo and aquarium on the same day, that would be too much for the baby. And me. Either way, I'm super excited for spring break!
It's actually starting to look like spring outside. Have I mentioned that before? Yay for warmer weather.
Anyway, I made this chicken a couple weeks back and it was amazing! The hubbs isn't much for chicken, he would rather have his steak and anything red meat, but he actually thoroughly enjoyed this.
It must've been the honey mustard glaze. And maybe the panko breading on top that created a crispy, fried taste to the baked chicken.
It was super simple to make and something the entire family enjoyed. I've already got it on the menu again!
Oven "Fried" Chicken with Honey Mustard Glaze
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- fresh flat-leaf parsley
Honey Mustard Glaze
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or spraying with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. In separate bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs, paprika, olive oil, and more salt and pepper (to taste). Add flour to separate bowl.
- Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour, then dip in egg mixture, then dredge and press to coat panko mixture.
- Place chicken onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, whisk together mayonnaise, honey, and mustard in small bowl. Drizzle on warm chicken and top with parsley (if desired) just before serving.