Deliciously simple popcorn with a hint of truffle oil and fresh grated parmesan cheese for a gourmet taste every day of the week.
Can you believe that it is almost the end of August already?!? School is or has started for most of the country… but for us, fortunately, we still have a couple weeks left. We don’t start school until after the Labor Day which gives me a little extra time to focus and get all the back-to-school shopping and preparing done.
It also didn’t help that my daughter has been down in Florida visiting her Grandparents for the past three weeks. But alas, she is back now and we are in full back-to-school mode. Getting all the supplies (Do you ever notice how the list seems to get longer and longer each year?? No, just me?) and making a list of all the things that are elementary school kid approved to pack in her lunches.
Thank goodness my babygirl loves popcorn because SkinnyPop and I have teamed up and they sent me a whole case for her and I to enjoy! I love how the few, simple, clean ingredients and delicious flavor of SkinnyPop leaves me and her feeling excited about lunch.
SkinnyPop is so perfect for the school year, because they have the SkinnyPack® with six 0.65 oz. lunchbox-sized 100-calorie bags in both Original and White Cheddar flavors. SkinnyPop is also available in 4.4oz bags in a variety of flavors including Original, White Cheddar, Sea Salt & Pepper, Naturally Sweet, Dusted Dark Chocolate and Jalapeño.
While I have been buying SkinnyPop for some years, I’ve never really tried to “dress it up” for her – besides just throwing a bag in her lunchbox or backpack. But this year I wanted to do something special with her snacks and decided to shake up some Parmesan Truffle Popcorn.
This recipe takes all of 2.3 minutes to shake together and you’ll have a delicious, better-for-you snack for your kids lunch. Or your lunch… whichever.
It has the perfect hint of truffle oil, paired with the perfect amount of salt already with the SkinnyPop, and fresh grated parmesan cheese. As kids head back to school, I am always on the lookout for a tasty snack that I feel good about and my daughter will love – and this is the perfect snack.
Parmesan Truffle Popcorn
- 1 large bag SkinnyPop popcorn (4.4 oz)
- 2 Tbsp truffle oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Open the bag of SkinnyPop popcorn and 1/2 Tbsp. at a time, drizzle the truffle oil in the bag closing and shaking the bag between each addition of truffle oil. This ensures that all the truffle oil evenly coats all the popcorn.
- Add basil, parsley, and garlic powder then close the bag and lightly shake again.
- Add fresh grated Parmesan cheese then close the bag and lightly shake again ensuring all the popcorn has been coated with Parmesan cheese - feel free to add more to your liking.
- Place popcorn in individual baggies for packing in your kids lunches or pour into large bowl for the whole family to enjoy!
For more information about SkinnyPop, you can visit SkinnyPop.com