Delicious, healthy muffins made with apples and bananas. Bonus that these muffins are made without flour!
I have to say that I had a pretty spectacular weekend! What about you?! Now that I'm done with school, I finally have my weekends back to myself and I can do whatever I want instead of finishing last minute assignments. Because we all know how much of a procrastinator I am and always wait till the last minute to do something.
However, this procrastination has lead me to find out that I can bang out a 6-8 page paper in one day, the same day it is due, and still get a decent ~90% or higher grade on it. Yes! Not that that is a particularly good thing? Maybe? Thankfully I don't have to write anymore papers for the rest of my life!
Nope…no more schooling for this girl.
Also since I'm done with school, I can finally focus fully on my blog and organizing my work and life to get everything done in just a few short hours per day and then have a day off whenever I want! I think I finally have a concrete method to my madness and am not always worrying about what I need to do next, or who I need to contact or follow-up with or whatnot.
It's beginning to work out since the hubbs works such crazy hours. But he's on a weird rotation this month and has the weekends off… yay! A rarity around these parts. Which is the reason I have had to streamline, and now am able to streamline, my life and work.
So we spent some time out starting some Christmas shopping (gasp!!), going to dinner, and getting the kids some new clothes for winter. Ya know… cuz they grow like weeds and need new clothes, it feels like, every 6 months. But I digress…
These muffins were delish and my kids were happy to have them as a snack while we were out and about all weekend this weekend. I also feel good making sure that they are eating something that is healthy for them instead of the usual junk that you buy while out.
So whip yourself up a batch of these apple banana muffins this weekend!
Apple Banana Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana mashed
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour *
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup apple finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, banana, and butter and mix until incorporated. Add almond flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Fold in apple chunks.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups and bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown and tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in tin for about 5-10 minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.