Yummy apple cider cookies stuffed with caramel that makes a ooey-gooey center perfect with a mug of coffee or hot tea.
Happy Monday!! I'm back with another cookies recipe for you today! Remember me telling you that I am in full on cookie baking mode for the holidays? Well.. not so much anymore, but last week I was. I ended up making about 8 different types of cookies for my annual holiday baskets and handed them out to the neighbors over the weekend. They have all texted me saying how much they loved them and that they are some of the best Christmas cookies they have ever had.
Yeah… makes me feel great and wanting to make more cookies! But I might wait just a couple weeks before diving in again.
When I was gearing up for my traditional cookie baking adventure, I happened upon these Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets when picking up last minute eggs and such. They are pre-cut sheets of parchment paper and they ended up being perfect for baking cookies!
I even made two caramel stuffed cookie recipes and also a stuffed red velvet cookie and they totally saved my cookies this year and made things go much smoother.
The cookies didn't stick to the pan (as long as you bake at 420 degrees F and below, but who really bakes cookies that hot anyway?) and they just slid right off allowing me to move onto the next batch quickly and easily. No messy pans after the cookies cooled and I just threw the parchment away when I was done.
These caramel cookies are notorious for sticking to the cookie sheet when baking because no matter how many times I have made this recipe, there are always a few that just spat out caramel all over the pan. However, 3 or 4 in about 3 dozen isn't all that bad.
Plus, these cookies are totally worth it. If you get the soft chew caramels then the caramel stays soft in the center, even at room temperature, and the cookies are soft and chewy just like a cookie should be.
Apple Cider Caramel Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (7.4 oz) box instant apple cider drink mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 (14 oz) bag caramels unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing in between. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix until well combined.
- Scoop out cookie dough by 2Tbsp. full and platten in palm of your hand. Place unwrapped caramel in center of dough and seal the dough around it, covering completely. Shape into ball and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Let cookies cool completely on parchment paper.