Have your Chai Tea anytime with the simple Chai Tea concentrate to make all your favorite Chai drinks!
Chai tea lattes are one of my favorite things. They are usually my go-to when I go through the coffee shop drive through.
What I didn't realize, though, was how incredibly easy they are to make at home.
The name, chai tea latte, to me just sounds incredibly difficult and labor intensive. This is the reason I just kept heading through the drive-through every time I had a craving for one. But that is seriously not the case at all and now I can have my Chai tea latte whenever I want!
Apparently, what is difficult, however, is trying to pour something and get a good picture at the same time. As noted by the spillage you see there. So, I had to enlist the help of my 8 year-old. No big deal. She is apparently much better at it than I am.
All there is to making a delicious chai tea latte in your own home is a few spices and about 20 minutes. Sounds easy enough. Then you just add your milk of choice and give it a little stir and you have your own home-made chai tea latte!
Chai Tea Latte
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 cups water
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground anise
- 1 vanilla bean sliced open lengthwise
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 black tea bags
- In a saucepan, bring water and all ingredients (except tea bags) to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add tea bags. Let steep for about 5 minutes.
- Pour liquid through a fine mesh strainer lined with coffee filter into a glass jar or tightly closing container.
To make the chai tea latte:
- Combine equal parts chai tea concentrate with your milk of choice to make chai tea latte. Can be made hot or poured over ice for iced chai tea latte.
This creates a concentrate that can be used for multiple chai tea lattes. Just make sure to cover the concentrate tightly and store it for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Adapted from Yeah... Imma Eat That