Make this delicious one pot meal tonight with sausage, gnocchi, and a huge handful of mozzarella cheese!
One pot meals have to be my favorite of all time. Wouldn't you have to agree?
Just having everything thrown into one pot to have it cook and not dirty a bunch of different dishes and pans and knives and whatnot to make dinner is seriously a time saver.
For this cheesy sausage gnocchi, I just threw it all into one big pan and cooked it till it was done… basically. Worked out perfectly and there weren't any leftovers – which in my house means it was really good. ha!
The creamy gnocchi paired with the slightly crispy sausage worked perfectly together, then throw a bunch of cheese on top and you have deliciousness in a pan. Cheese makes everything better.
Cheesy Sausage Gnocchi
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz pork sausage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (14,5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen gnocchi thawed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, garlic, italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook through; about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain grease and return sausage to pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and mix in tomatoes, heavy cream and thawed gnocchi. Cook until gnocchi is done; about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and cook until just melted. Top with remaining cheese, let melt, and serve immediately.