Get your morning started right with this cinnamon swirl protein bread - with hints of cinnamon and sugar and totally healthy for you!
There really is nothing better than the smell of fresh cinnamon rolls coming out of the oven on a weekend morning. My kids absolutely love when I make cinnamon rolls for them because they feel like it's a little treat. Which it totally is because I don't make cinnamon rolls very often.
But we know that cinnamon rolls are not the “healthiest” thing around. So instead I tried my hand at making some cinnamon roll protein bread that would taste and smell just like, if not real close, to the original cinnamon rolls that we usually make.
I have to say that this bread really did the trick and came out amazing. It's quite dense but it still has that great cinnamon sugar flavor of regular cinnamon rolls. I didn't tell my kids that it was “healthy” for them just because they, without even trying the dish first, will always turn their nose up at the word “healthy.”
So instead I just told them it was cinnamon rolls in bread form – haha, sneaky sneaky. They devoured their pieces and I felt a little satisfaction for the start of the day while still enjoying my coffee.
Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread
Cinnamon Swirl Mixture:
- 1/3 cup stevia
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F and spray loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together oat flour, vanilla protein, baking powder, salt, and stevia. Add egg whites, almond milk, and unsweetened apple sauce and mix until combined.
- In seperate small bowl mix together remaining stevia and cinnamon.
- Beginning with the batter, pour about 1/3 into bottom of prepared loaf pan then sprinkle with 1/3 cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat until all batter and cinnamon sugar is used and cinnamon/sugar mixture is last.
- Draw knife through to marble the mixture then place in oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.