Perfect avocado summer salad for dipping with chips or wrapped your favorite pita bread.
Spring is officially in full swing and summer is just around the corner. That means more beach time (!!!), BBQ's, and lounging outside on our sweet new patio.
This is the time of year I absolutely love. The summers here in Michigan are absolutely beautiful and then pair that with living 1.5 miles from the beautiful beach of Lake Michigan and I'm one happy girl! Nothing better that just heading to the beach for the day, letting the kiddos run around and play in the sand while I catch some rays and read a few chapters of a new book.
Living in Florida, I realize, that I really took for granted living there. I didn't visit the beach very often and when I did, it was so crowded that it wasn't enjoyable. The beach restaurants and bars were amazing and I do miss those, but there were just so many people there. And this semi-introvert doesn't like big crowds… maybe the reason I didn't visit the beach very often? But the beach here is almost completely empty. There are usually one a handful of people and I can let the kiddos run around without worrying. So nice.
What kind of mom would I be if I went to the beach without snacks and drinks? I always have to have a cooler full of stuff… and this might just be in the next cooler for the beach.
I originally made this for a BBQ we went to a few weeks back and it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it and it was the first thing to disappear among all the goodies that were available. I think the creamy avocado is what makes this summer salad so delicious.
Corn, Avocado, & Black Bean Summer Salad
- 2 cups corn fresh or frozen
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, add all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a food processor add onion and cilantro and pulse until finely chopped, about 30 seconds. (You may also hand chop/finely dice these ingredients)
- In large bowl, add corn, avocado, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, and onion. Toss to combine. Pour dressing over top and toss again to evenly coat.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge for 3-4 days.