Amazingly low calorie chocolate muffins so you can indulge without all the guilt!
Chocolate muffins are one of my favorite things. When I was a kid and when we ever went to the grocery store, I would always ask my mom for some chocolate muffins to bring home and eat.
Most of the time she would say no and that we had enough treats in the cart. But there were those off times that she would say yes and I would run with excitement over to the bakery section and pick out the biggest, best chocolate muffins that I could find.
Now that I've grown up and have a child of my own, I know why my mom said no most of the time. I also know the value of taking care of my body a little better than when I was a kid.
Fortunately, recently I found a recipe for some amazingly low-calorie chocolate muffins that I just had to share with you. These muffins taste just like the full fat ones you would get from the grocery store, but are much lower and calories and sugar. So I don't feel so bad about eating an entire batch right out of the oven.
Oh wait… I still do. But maybe not as bad…??
Low-Cal Chocolate Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients together except for the chocolate chips.
- Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans and sprinkle muffins evenly with chocolate chips.
- Place muffins tins in the oven for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pan for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Dashing Dish