Only want to dirty one dish tonight? Make this parmesan pasta and everything gets cooked in the same pot! Even the pasta.
I've been doing a lot more cooking lately and I'm loving it. There is nothing better than a home cooked meal for your family. Granted I am still far from a gourmet chef, I can follow a recipe well and still make a killer meal.
While I am beginning to enjoy cooking more and more again, it's still time consuming and some days I just don't feel like cooking at all. That's what slow cookers are for and also one-pot meals. Everything in one pot/pan and hardly any cleanup (because we all hate the cleanup).
This pasta is simple, delicious, and comes together in less than 30 minutes. Everything is cooked in the same pot, at the same time, so all the flavors really mesh together and become one big bowl of deliciousness.
One Pot Parmesan Pasta
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 package smoked sausage thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 3 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add all ingredients and 4 1/2 cups of water and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10-12 minutes, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced.
- Add Parmesan 1/3 cup at a time, stirring pasta in between.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Damn Delicious