Red velvet cookies cannot get any simpler when started with a pre-made box of cake mix as the base.
Who doesn't love a little red velvet every once in a while? Especially around the holidays or Valentine's Day!
I made a different version of a Red Velvet cookie a couple years back and they were a huge hit with my family and friends. This year, I decided to try a simpler version that I could whip up at a moment's notice in case I needed to bring something for a last minute get together or something… These are perfect. I actually made them for the wine & painting party that I went to a couple weeks back and everyone loved them.
These are probably going to be the simplest cookie you will ever make because it starts with boxed cake mix! It’s truly the easiest cookie recipe you’ll ever find, especially for how soft, puffy, thick, and perfect they come out.
You’ll literally ask yourself HOW on earth a cookie this good can start from a box. Well, it does.
Red Velvet Cookies
- 1 (16.25 oz) box red velvet cake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. Add the eggs, oil, and vanilla to cake mixture and stir to form a dough. Then gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet for about 3 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Enjoy these little bits of deliciousness!