Delicious banana & strawberry ice cream made with a little cream cheese for a smooth creamy cheesecake flavor!
What am I doing posting another ice cream recipe and it's still almost the middle of winter? Well… see, I love ice cream. I don't care what time of year it is. It's always time for ice cream.
And when ice cream is this easy to make and you have a stockpile of frozen bananas in the freezer, you make ice cream when the craving hits. Like in the middle of winter.
I have seen this banana ice cream all over Pinterest and the web for quite some time. I have made a few banana base ice creams before but I love experimenting with new flavors and combinations – hence this strawberry cheesecake ice cream.
It's also probably one of the healthiest ice creams that you will make because it doesn't contain have cream or lots of sugar to make it taste amazing. Just a couple simple ingredients added to a food processor and walla… instant ice cream.
Bonus that my kids love this type of ice cream and they don't even realize that it's “healthy” for you or it's made with bananas. And they eat it with just as much gusto as regular ice cream. haha
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- Place frozen bananas and strawberries into food processor and process until they are they are incorporated and almost the consistency of ice cream.
- Add cream cheese and process until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness and add sweetener if necessary and process again until fully incorporated.
- Serve immediately, or place in air-tight container and freeze until ready to serve.