Simple and refreshing watermelon cooler that is perfect for these hot summer days and your next backyard BBQ!
Happy Wednesday, lovelies! Can you believe that it is the middle of June already?!? I cannot but I am super stoked about summer this year and the delicious grilling season that is upon us! Especially since we had such a crazy winter and spring, I am just ready for some fun in the sun, summer grilling, and of course fun and refreshing new cocktails.
See, my husband is usually the one who mans the grill during the summer and that leaves me in charge of the fun drinks that make an appearance. Last year felt like my “sangria year” and this year I'm all about the vodka drinks.
While this drink may look complicated with the fun layer of green on the bottom (to make it look like an actual slice of watermelon), I promise that it is super simple and will only take about 10 minutes to whip together. The flavor is perfectly watermelon with a hint of sweetness from the honey and just the perfect amount of vodka. Of course, you could always add more (or less vodka) to your taste so just be sure to have fun with it!
Vodka Watermelon Cooler
- 8 cups fresh watermelon cubed
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vodka
For layering and garnish (optional):
- sour apple pucker
- fresh mint leaves
- In a blender, add watermelon, lime juice, honey, and water and blend until fully pureed.
- Pour through fine mesh strainer to remove pulp and seeds. Add vodka and stir to combine.
- Pour over ice and garnish with extra watermelon slices and mint leaves, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Fill glass with ice and pour sour apple pucker until glass is 1/4 - 1/3 full.
- Slowly pour watermelon mixture over pucker and mixture will float on top.
- Serve immediately with extra watermelon slices and mint leaves, if desired.