Whole wheat pancakes made with greek yogurt and honey for a filling and perfect start to the day.
My youngest daughter's 1st birthday is this Friday and I am freaking out. I just cannot believe that it has been one year already since she came into this world. Before I go and get all sappy and nostalgic on you… let's talk about some pancakes!
I love pancakes because they are just so versatile. You can do just about anything with them and make just about whatever you want. It always baffles me when someone says they don't like pancakes. What? How can someone not like pancakes?
For these pancakes, I tried to make them a little healthier for you… since you can make pancakes pretty unhealthy if you don't watch your ingredients. Enter Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Pancakes. I had some extra Greek yogurt in the fridge so I decided to give it a go and what do you know.. they worked out!
Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 6 oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp honey
- Preheat griddle to 275 degrees or about medium heat.
- In large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until just combined. Add milk, yogurt, vanilla, and honey, mixing until smooth.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle and cook until bubbly, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and repeat on other side for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your favorite topping.