Today’s post is going to be short and sweet. I’m just not feeling it today and I don’t know why.
You know those days where you just do feel like doing anything but being lazy on the couch and binge watching Netflix?
Yeah… that’s where I am at.
There’s no reason for me to feel this way. I gorgeous outside. I just don’t want to do anything.
I should be getting the house in order and cleaning and whatnot because my girlfriend is flying in tomorrow for our girls trip to Nashville for Coach Summit.
I am excited that she’s coming, just feeling kinda lazy today.
Maybe it’s because I know that I have to clean and I don’t want to?
That’s gotta be it.
Anyway, to the task at hand… these amazing blondies. I found this recipe in the Cooking Light magazine that I was somehow miraculously subscribed to and I had to make them.
I don’t exactly know how I was subscribed, the magazine just started showing up in my mailbox.
Weird but I’ll take it! haha
These blondies did not disappoint, with some quinoa flour in place of regular flour and gooey chocolate chips to give it a slight chocolate flavor while still remaining true to the blondie these turned out pretty epic.
Even my 8-year-old daughter loved them… score!
Almond Butter Quinoa Blondies
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, allowing it to slightly overhang. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and almond butter. Beat in eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until combined. Add quinoa flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° F for about 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for about 45 minutes before lifting the blondies out using the overhanging parchment paper.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve immediately or store in a refrigerated airtight container for up to 5 days.