You guys! I have made it to week 2 of my new workout program, Hammer and Chisel! I must say that I am super proud of myself for finishing all the workouts last week (and today) and not missing one day yet!
Cuz usually by day 3 or 4 I’m miserable and sore and feel like I’m going to die (not really) and always use the excuse that I’ll do it when I’m not sore anymore or whatever. But I have NOT missed a workout yet and I am so happy about that.
This whole scheduling has really helped me make it a priority again and it feels so good the be back into a routine.
Now, don’t worry… just because I am back into a workout routine again does not mean that I am turning into “super-healthy-workout-Jenn” over here.
Yes I am still a Beachbody Coach but I also believe in balance and eating what you would like as long as it is in moderation. That is the reason that, even though I am a coach, that I do not post all healthy recipes all the time.
Plus the fact that whenever I feel like I am depriving myself of something then all of a sudden I have these intense craving for them and need to eat all of them right now. Haha!
Doesn’t everyone get that way when they are “on a diet”? Hence the reason I don’t diet…
But look at these delish apple cider waffles!
I must admit that these waffles might just be the best waffles that I have eaten so far. They were so light and fluffy with just a hint of apple cider flavor… oh I devoured about 3 of these babies.
I could have eaten more, believe me, but like I said before… balance and moderation.
Apple Cider Waffles
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron, according to manufacturer’s instructions, to medium high and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add both flours, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder, and salt and whisk to combine.
- Add milk, apple cider, oil, and vanilla extract. Mix well until incorporated with dry ingredients.
- Scoop by 1/2 cupful onto preheated waffle iron. Cook according to manufacturer’s directions, until waffles are golden brown.
- Serve immediately topped with extra apples and your favorite syrup.