Instead of buying protein bars, make your own at home with this simple apple pie protein bar recipe.
This is my second attempt at a protein bar and, you guys, I have to say I’m pretty impressed with myself! These bars turned out seriously tasting just like apple pie.
And since it’s September and all, I figured it would be the perfect little “treat” to help cut between all the sweets and things I’ll be eating between now and Christmas.
I’m all about enjoying all the goodies your little heart desires but definitely in moderation. Even during the holidays. Though I am definitely guilty of overdoing it during this time.
Aren’t we all?
But seriously, these apple pie protein bars are to die! Before making my cake batter protein bars, I had never attempted to make them before.
I don’t know why… let’s just chalk it up to thinking that something is much harder than it actually is. Or takes way more time than it actually does.
Which, of course, I am always proven wrong and it doesn’t.
I think I might actually make a second batch of these or the cake batter ones to take to the hospital with me in a month when I have the new baby.
OMG it’s just over a month away. So excited!
These will definitely be better than the not-so-great hospital food that they serve there.
Why does hospital food have to be so terrible?
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together oat flour, coconut flour, protein powder, sweetener, and spices.
- Using a large wooden spoon or spatula, add almond butter, maple syrup, and applesauce and mix well. Batter will be sticky but slightly crumbly.
- Scoop batter into lined baking dish and spread evenly and press down firmly to the edges. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into bar shapes. Eat and enjoy!