Have some leftover baked potatoes? Make a quick and filling breakfast by adding eggs, bacon, and cheese and baking them to golden perfection.
Ahhh… I finished my new floors yesterday! I am so excited that they are finally finished.
They look amazing if I do say so myself.
To be honest, it wasn’t too terrible to install them myself. It took a lot of creative cutting and a few tools that I didn’t already have but they came out beautiful.
I feel such a sense of accomplishment that I got them done myself and didn’t pay to have someone do it. I would definitely do it again, but just not for 1000 sq. ft. of space.
Maybe just an office or bedroom. Haha.
I cannot wait to show you guys the final result…. just have to wait a little longer. The hubs wants to go find a rug to go in the living room (where we used to have carpet) because he says he misses the carpet on the floor.
I don’t have a problem with that, I just don’t want the rug to be too big and cover all the beautiful-ness that I just finished installing.
So we might be taking a trip to the gigantic Ikea that is over in Chicago to see if there is anything that they might have… and if not then I’ll peruse the world wide inter-webs to find a nice rug.
Normally, I would just go straight to some of my favorite online shops but I like heading over to Chicago to spend the day so we’ll go with that first.
But before heading to a long day of shopping, you need to eat a filling breakfast.
I made these, however, the other morning before finishing the floors.
We had some leftover (shocker!) baked potatoes from dinner a couple nights ago and I decided to use them for breakfast the next morning instead of letting them die in the fridge – as per usual leftover food.
So I put together a couple little baked potato egg bowls based off of my original avocado egg bowl breakfast idea from a while back.
They turned out great and filled me up for a few hours while I got the floors finished. Nothing wrong with a new twist on the classic bacon and egg breakfast!
- 2 large baked potatoes
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare baking sheet by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a sharp knife, cut top 1/4 off of each baked potato. Using a spoon, hollow out the middle of the potato making a bowl, leaving potato as thick or thin as you’d like.
- Place hollowed out baked potato on prepared baking sheet and put 1/2 Tbsp. butter in bottom of baked potato. Gently break egg into each bowl. Top with bacon, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350° F for 20-25 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving. Top with extra bacon and cheese as desired.