Back in the day… haha, like it was that long ago. Actually, now that I think about it, it was about 13 years ago.
Yikes! Officially made myself feel super old. Ugh.
Anyway, I used to work at The Cheesecake Factory.
Yes, it was a pretty awesome job for an 18 year-old but it also made me gain about 15lbs while I was working there.
They gave us so much free food that I couldn’t say no, and as a poor 18 year-old and college student, I was all about as much free food I could get. Even if it did cause me to gain some weight.
But I digress…
They had this dish on the menu (I’m not sure if it’s still on there or not) but it was a bang bang shrimp dish that I absolutely loved.
While I worked there, I tried just about everything on the menu but the bang bang dish was what I kept going back to when I didn’t know what else to order.
Something about the spicy shrimp and crispy coating that made me keep going back for more.
Bang bang shrimp has also become my favorite way to prepare shrimp now. All from that one little dish at Cheesecake Factory.
I can’t remember if the version I used to have was in a pasta form or if you got just the shrimp, but I decided to make it in pasta form.
It came out perfect and was super simple to make.
All you have to do is cook the pasta, sear the shrimp in the pan and then cook with the sauce, add the cooked pasta… done!
Easy peasy and a creamy sauce that even my kids will eat!
Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta
- 8 oz shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain well.
- Make sauce by whisking together mayo, chili sauce, garlic, lime juice, sriracha, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper and shrimp. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Add sauce and cook additional 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in cooked pasta and serve immediately garnished with more red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese, if desired.