Savory beef kofta kebabs seasoned with cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, and cumin then grilled to perfection with your favorite seasonal veggies.
This is a great recipe to go over rice, and combine with vegetables of your choice interspersed with the red onion.
Its an easy recipe that everyone loves, even the kids.
It only takes about 30 mins to do properly, the hardest part is grilling.
I prefer to do it over a medium flame so that it doesn’t get too charred or burn the vegetables.
- 8 wooden skewers
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 large red onion cubed
- 1 large eggplant quartered and diced
- Begin by soaking the wooden skewers in water for 10-20 minutes to prevent charring when on the grill. Preheat the grill to medium and brush grill grates with olive oil.
- In a large bowl add ground beef, egg, garlic, cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, cumin, and ginger. Mix to combine and incorporate all ingredients thoroughly.
- Form into 2-3 inch meatballs and place on wooden skewers alternating between meatball, eggplant, and red onion.
- Grill over medium flame turning occasionally until meat is cooked through; about 12-14 minutes.
- Serve immediately.