If you're a blue cheese lover, then you will love these blue cheese stuffed burgers and added blue cheese on top.
My husband might just be the biggest blue cheese fan on the planet. Actually, now that I think about it… he loves all cheese.
I swear, whenever he goes to the store he comes home with a new and different type of cheese.
Our cheese drawer is always full of every kind of cheese you could imagine.
So when he asked me to make burgers the other night, I figured I would incorporate one of his favorite cheeses into the meat mix.
We had a container of blue cheese in the fridge and that became the target of my dinner plans.
I decided to keep most of the burger simple by not adding too many other spices because I really wanted the blue cheese to be the star of the show.
The blue cheese melted oh so slightly into the meat while cooking and makes the meat just that mush more juicy.
And of course, my cheese loving hubby, added more cheese to the top of his burger. And nothing else, as noted in these images. He wanted nothing but blue cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 scallions finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, scallions, Worcestershire sauce, blue cheese, and egg. Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal parts and form each into a burger patty.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Place patties in pan and cook, turning only once, for about 5-10 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached.
- Serve on hamburger buns topped with extra blue cheese, if desired, and your favorite burger toppings.