Sweet banana bread style pancakes made with ripe bananas, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Pancakes and banana bread are two of my favorite things so why not combine the two into one delicious dish?
I could literally eat a whole loaf of banana bread in one sitting and I may have actually done that a few times in my life. #noshame
My mom makes the best banana bread that I have ever had… warmed with a little butter on top. Oh so delish!
So today I’m bringing you my brown sugar banana bread pancakes. Delicious pancakes made to taste like my favorite banana bread.
Start by heating an electric griddle to medium heat and coating with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar and cinnamon. Whisk to combine and remove most of the lumps. It’s ok if there are still a few lumps of flour.
Add your milk, vanilla, melted butter and whisk to combine. Add in your mashed, ripe bananas and fold in.
Using about a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop batter out onto your hot griddle. You’ll know your griddle is hot when a few drops of water dances on the surface.
I can usually get 4-5 pancakes onto my griddle without overcrowding.
Cook your pancakes for 3-4 minutes or until small bubbles form on top. Flip and cook for additional 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove the pancakes to cool and finish with the rest of the batter.
I recently discovered a neat trick to keep your pancakes form getting soggy in between batches – cool them on a cooling rack instead of a plate. Doing this will let the heat escape instead of soaking the plate and creating condensation under the pancakes. It keeps your pancakes crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
Serve topped with more melty butter and generous pour of syrup.
Brown Sugar Banana Bread Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 3 large bananas mashed
- Heat electric griddle over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, and cinnamon and whisk to combine.
- Add milk, vanilla, and melted butter and mix to combine. Fold in mashed, ripe bananas.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter onto preheated griddle and cook until bubbles form on top; about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for additional 1-2 minutes or until pancakes are done.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.