Do you ever watch the show Love It or List It? It’s currently on in the background right now and all I can think about these people on the show is… what is wrong with these people?!?
This particular couple has 7 kids… SEVEN… and the mom thinks that their little 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house is big enough and works for them.
There. Is. No. Way.
Her husband sounds like the voice of reason and is the one that is saying that it doesn’t work for them and they need a bigger house.
Yes. Someone that is thinking clearly.
I mean, how would you like to share a bedroom with 3 of your siblings?
All you have in the rooms is beds and clothes. You can’t even fit anything else in there…. No desks, or toys, or whatever for the kids to have things to do or to just to keep all that extra clutter out of the main living rooms.
I love watching all the HGTV shows but there are some episodes that just make my go hmmmmm…
I currently live in a 3 bedroom house with 2 (almost 3 kids) of my own and I already feel like it’s too cramped. And so does the hubby.
We’ve acquired a ton of toys (thanks to the hubby and his incessant need to buy toys every time he goes to the store) since the baby was born and I know that there will be even more once the third is born.
I can’t even imagine what kind of chaos is going to happen if and when we have a fourth baby.
Luckily, we are planning on purchasing a home with a kids only room where we can put all their crap and shut the door when we have people over.
Out of sight, out of mind. Maybe.
At least it will get it out of the living room and all common areas and all into its own space.
Until then, I’ll just be over here making more brown sugar pulled pork sandwiches to enjoy.
My oldest daughter loves pulled pork sandwiches so we know that this as definitely a hit at our house.
Don’t forget to top it with some homemade BBQ sauce… oh so delish!
Brown Sugar Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 3 lb pork loin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 bottle light beer
- In the slow cooker, place the pork loin. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and onion powder and rub into the meat. Sprinkle garlic and brown sugar over top, then pour in the beer.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- About 1 hour before finished, remove lid and shred meat with forks or tongs. Mix thoroughly into the juices that have accumulated in the slow cooker.
- Cover and let cook additional 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve atop your favorite hamburger buns drizzled with BBQ sauce, if desired.