Waffles made with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips and cocoa powder making them the best sweet treat for breakfast.
Yes… you read that correctly!
Dessert for breakfast? Or breakfast as dessert?
Now… that really depends on what time of the day you are consuming this deliciousness… however, brownies for breakfast sound pretty darn amazing!
I figure since I eat pretty darn healthy all week… I should be allowed to have my Sunday waffle/pancake craving sated.
Anywho… I found this recipe on Pinterest (duh) and decided it HAD to be tried and consequently added to my recipe box.
I did alter the original recipe slightly as to not feel too guilty for indulging in this sweet temptation.
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s specifications and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup milk. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted. Wisk in the remaining milk, vegetable oil, vanilla and eggs.
- In seperate bowl, add the flour, baking powder,cocoa powder, salt, and sugar and whisk to combine.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon about 1/3 – 1/2 cupfuls of batter into hot waffle iron and cook until done, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with a little powdered sugar and extra chocolate chips, if desired.