These fun pancakes start with a box of cake mix for sweet, fluffy pancakes anyone will love.
It has been raining here for the past two weeks straight. I feel like I’m back in Florida again.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the rain.. but everyday is a little much. When it rains it makes me not want to do anything and just curl up on the couch and either take a nap or binge watch Netflix.
Unfortunately, I cannot… kids.
So with this rain has given me multiple chances to get in the kitchen and make some pretty amazing dishes for you guys!
And even with the rain, it’s still sunny and bright enough outside for pretty pictures… and we all love pretty pictures.
Which totally reminds me… I had the first photo I ever submitted to Foodgawker accepted!
Apparently it’s really hard to get your food photos accepted on that site so I’ve always had hesitations about submitting.
Plus, my earlier food photos were definitely not foodgawker worthy. Recently I just decided, “what the heck” and I submitted the photo of my Raspberry Lemonade Sangria and it was accepted!
But back to the pancakes. We all love pancakes and anything with sprinkles is a win in my book. So why not mash the two together?
Here comes cake batter funfetti pancakes! My only problem is that I slightly screwed up the look of the pancakes by using yellow cake mix instead of white… whoops.
I had a box of yellow and didn’t think it would make that much of a difference in color. Well, as you can tell, it did but the flavor profile I was going for is still the exact same even if the pancakes turned out yellow-ish.
And they’re still pretty so who cares about the yellow-ness. You can make these pancakes any day of the week or you can save them for a special birthday.
Me… I’ll make pancakes any day.
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In large stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add all pancake ingredients and mix until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Fold in the additional sprinkles.
- Heat electric griddle to medium, about 300° F, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop pancakes batter by 1/4 cupfuls and cook until bubbles begin to form, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for additional 2 minutes. Continue with entire batter.
- In small bowl or measuring cup, add frosting ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Serve pancakes warm with frosting drizzled over top or your favorite topping.