Quick bread recipe made with your favorite Chai flavors of cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves then baked to soft, moist perfection.
Chai tea lattes are one of my favorite drinks to make and order when I’m heading to the coffee shop. I just love the flavor of all the different spices that are in the drink.
So when I saw a recipe for this chai spiced bread in a Christmas cookbook that I have on my shelf, I just knew I had to make it and share it with you guys.
This bread is literally like the food version of your favorite chai drink. It’s a quick loaf bread, like banana bread that comes together in about an hour and tastes just as good as it makes your house smell.
It’s soft and moist with just a hint of cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves to make it festive for the holidays.
I actually made this bread for the first time while my mom was visiting to help us with the kiddos while I had the new baby. She loved it and the sweet glaze I topped it with was just, literally, the icing on the cake.
This bread is great as a snack, just as it is, or slightly warmed in the microwave and eaten for a sweet little breakfast treat in the morning with a steaming cup of tea or coffee.
I’ve done both.
This bread would also be great made into muffin form and topped with a sweet glaze or streusel and taken to any of the plethora of holiday parties I’m sure you’re attending this year.
Me, not so much.
With a new baby I don’t plan on doing much but hunkering down in the warm house and just snuggling on the couch. With this bread, a good book, or binge watching my favorite shows, and a hot mug of tea when the baby naps.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, tea and milk until well combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves until just combined. Spread evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, stir together frosting ingredients until melted and combined. Pour over cooled bread.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!