Switch out your classic baked potato with a loaded hasselback potato instead.
I absolutely love potatoes and there is absolutely nothing wrong with a little carb indulgence every once in a while. So a couple nights ago I decided to try a fancy-schmancy hasselback potato.
What the heck is a hasselback potato?? It’s just a fancy word for a baked potato with thin slices cut into it, then adding butter to the crevices and baking it for an hour until its soft in the inside and crispy on the outside.
Now, I was going to add bacon… but someone stole it all before I was able to add it. I wonder who that was??
Anywho, this is a super easy side dish to make for just about any occasion and something that everyone will enjoy! Just make sure they don’t eat all the bacon while the potato is cooking.
Cheesy Baked Potato
- 4 potatoes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, make crosswise cuts in each potato, about 1/8-inch apart, stopping about 1/4 inch from the bottom. Add butter slices to between the cuts; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until the outsides are browned and crisp, about 1 hour. Top with cheese and bake until melted, an additional 5 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve potatoes immediately, topped with sour cream & bacon.