Make this delicious one pot meal tonight with sausage, gnocchi, and a huge handful of mozzarella cheese!
One pot meals have to be my favorite of all time. Wouldn’t you have to agree?
Crockpot and slow cooker meals are a second behind that.
Just having everything thrown into one pot to have it cook and not dirty a bunch of different dishes and pans and knives and whatnot to make dinner is seriously a time saver.
For this cheesy sausage gnocchi, I just threw it all into one big pan and cooked it till it was done… basically.
Worked out perfectly and there weren’t any leftovers – which in my house means it was really good. ha!
The creamy gnocchi paired with the slightly crispy sausage worked perfectly together, then throw a bunch of cheese on top and you have deliciousness in a pan.
Cheese makes everything better.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz pork sausage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 (16 oz) package gnocchi
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, garlic, italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook through; about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain grease and return sausage to pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and mix in tomatoes, heavy cream and thawed gnocchi. Cook until gnocchi is done; about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and cook until just melted. Top with remaining cheese, let melt, and serve immediately.