Did you, or anyone you now, ever get weird cravings when you were pregnant?
I’ve always heard that some women get the weirdest cravings when they are pregnant but, so far, for both pregnancies I’ve had that hasn’t been true.
Actually, wait. Yes, I now want pizza covered in pickles.
Um, nope. Just kidding.
But what I do want right now is this Chicken Alfredo Pizza again now that I’m looking at it.
It’s a good thing that I have another pizza dough in the freezer so I can make another one tonight.
Ever since I figured out how to make homemade pizza dough, I keep a batch in the freezer at all times for when the craving for pizza hits.
Which is more often than not lately.
I usually always have ingredients for just a regular pepperoni pizza in the fridge because the kids love to eat pepperoni out of the bag and mozzarella cheese is just a staple in the fridge.
But the other week I was craving chicken alfredo but in pizza form.
I love white pizzas – pizzas without red sauce for a base – but don’t get to indulge when the hubby is around because he just loves meat and more meat and garlic and red sauce.
However, when he’s not home or isn’t the one making dinner then I get to make whatever I want.
Homemade pizza is usually the only time I get to actually have a white pizza because when we go out I just let him order what he wants.
I get the beer (when I’m not pregnant) and that makes me happy enough to not fight over what kind of pizza we order.
Plus, pick your battles.
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 cup boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450° F and spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or flour pizza stone with small amount of flour. Spread pizza dough on sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cream and bring to simmer, whisking consistently.
- Whisk the flour and Parmesan cheese and simmer for 5-6 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Slowly whisk in shredded mozzarella cheese until smooth and remove from heat to let cool.
- Pour sauce over pizza dough and spread evenly. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and shredded chicken.
- Bake pizza at 450° F for 10-12 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.