Quick weeknight dinner made with shredded chicken and cream cheese then rolled into a flaky croissant and baked to golden perfection.
Ya know those days where you have this post to write and you have no idea what to say?
Yep.. that’s me today. I am literally drawing a blank here.
I have no witty remarks or sweet stories about my kids, just empty blank space in my head where my thoughts are supposed to be but are not currently.
On the plus side, these little pockets of goodness look amazing, right?
I know, I know.. but they just look like regular croissants.
I promise you, they are much more than just a regular croissant.
Inside these buttery, flaky croissants is a chicken “alfredo” style mixture that is sure to please your whole family.
They come together in less than 30 minutes and you can serve them as-is for a quick snack, or with your favorite side dish for an easy dinner any day of the week!
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Prepare baking sheet by spraying with non-stick spray or lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to skillet to cook, flipping once, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Let chicken cool and then shred using either electric mixer (best method) or two forks.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, Parmesan, chives, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Remove rolls from can and separate into 8 triangles. Top each triangle with heaping Tablespoonful of chicken mixture. Roll up each triangle, starting with wide end, and then tucking other ends underneath.
- Dredge chicken roll-ups in bread crumbs and place seam-side down on prepared baking sheet. Continue with rest of rolls.
- Bake at 375° F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before serving.
Optional Cheese Sauce:
- Melt butter in small pan over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned. Gradually whisk in milk until slightly thickened. Whisk in cheese, small handfuls at a time, letting cheese melt in between batches. Keep stirring until smooth and thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle cheese sauce over rolls before serving.