Simple homemade chicken taquitos that are baked to golden perfection and only require 5 ingredients to prepare.
It’s Taco Tuesday!
Not really… it’s actually Taco Friday! I can eat tacos any day of the week.
Taco night is a big thing in our home. With me being [partly] of Mexican descent, there is a reason that I love me some tacos and Mexican food.
And basically the only reason that I tolerated living in Arizona for a year… the Mexican food and markets!
Well, that and the fact that my [then boyfriend] husband was in medical school so it was kind of a requirement.
With the family’s love of tacos and eating them so frequently, it’s becoming a bit boring to just eat the same tacos over and over again.
So this time I made some Chicken Taquitos!
I really hesitate to call them taquitos because, while that was my intention, they actually came out the size of a mini burrito.
In my eyes a taquito is a thinly rolled taco filled with meat and cheese, lightly fried, and then topped with everything else.
Well, I must be a rebel because I filled these babies up with all the fixings and then baked them in the oven.
Oh well. Such is life.
However, my effort to jazz up or regular taco night was a success as half of the pan of taquitos was gone before I even finished photographing the six that you see here.
So go ahead and spice up your next taco night!
- 20 small corn or flour tortillas
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 3 cups guacamole
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded
- Preheat oven to 425° F and spray two baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Lay out a tortilla on a flat surface. Spoon 1 Tbsp. refried beans in a line down the middle of the tortilla. Top with 1 Tbsp. guacamole, sprinkle of cheese, and top with chicken. Roll to form taquito or burrito.
- Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all ingredients have been used.
- Bake at 425° F for 15-20 minutes or until tortillas are crispy.
- Serve immediately with your favorite salsa, if desired.