It’s the beginning of June and the days just keep getting longer and hotter. Being pregnant during the summer is not fun. It’s hot and sweaty and no matter what I do I am just constantly in a state of hot.
I can be bathing in a pool of ice water right now and still be sweating my little (big) booty off.
Which I actually have been bathing in a pool of ice water. Well, not really, the water is slightly cold from the hose and it’s a kiddie pool for the toddler.
But I do have to be thankful because the last time I was pregnant during the summer was 10 years ago when I was pregnant with my oldest. Our second baby was born in the spring and so I was pregnant all winter.
I can’t decide what I worse, being pregnant during the summer in Florida or being pregnant during the winter in Michigan. Haha. Definitely two extremes.
On the one hand, being pregnant in the summer you don’t have many clothes to put on to go somewhere. Just shorts, tank top and can slip on some flip flops easy peasy and you’re ready to go.
But it’s so hot outside you don’t even want to leave the house and just sit on the couch all day in the AC or put your swimsuit on and float in the pool all day.
While on the other, during the winter, you have a ton of clothes to put on when you want to go somewhere. Then when your belly keeps growing and you can’t reach your feet you have to rely on the help of your oldest daughter to help tie your snow boots (true story) just to go out and snow blow the driveway so that your husband can get out and go to work.
But when the hormones kick in and you’re hot then you can just step outside and instantly cool off because it’s about 20 degrees outside.
I have to say, that by a narrow margin, being pregnant during the summer is better only because of the pool. And I’m a Pisces and Florida girl and need water and a beach to survive.
Though we currently don’t have a pool for me to float in. So it’s a draw.
Chocolate Cheesecake Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Add cream cheese and beat until combined. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough out by Tablespoonful onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350° F for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are just set. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla and mix until combined and smooth.
- When cookies are cooled, drizzle glaze over top of cookies. Enjoy!