We’re big snackers in this house. For the most part, I really like to try and make my own snacks and things that the kids can eat and take with them in their lunches and whatnot.
It makes it easier to know what is going into their (and my) bodies and keeps things a little healthier than buying all the junk at the grocery store.
I don’t have a ton of space in the pantry and a lot of the time most of the kids snacks get put at or close to the bottom.
Which in turn makes the little one go in there, at her leisure, and grab whatever she deems appropriate. Then proceeds to just toddle around the house carrying the giant bag or box eating straight and making a mess all over.
So of course, I need to make available things that she and the oldest enjoy and these cinnamon sugar tortilla crisps are something that my kids love eating.
They have just the right amount of sweetness and crunch that they are almost like a cinnamon sugar coated potato chip.
They usually don’t last very long in our house because when I make them, I break them up into bite sized pieces and stick them into individual baggies so the kids can just take some when they feel like.
Which makes it easier for me because I don’t have to monitor how much they are eating… it’s already pre-portioned.
I also usually make a very large batch so that we don’t run out too soon – using about 10-15 tortillas at a time.
Plus, these babies are also super delicious when crumbled up and added to some ice cream. Or you can just scoop the ice cream on top of the crisp and eat it like a sandwich.
Both have happened in our home… I have no shame. haha
Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Crisps
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, mix together cinnamon and sugar.
- Lay flour tortillas on parchment paper and brush tops with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture making sure to coat entire tortilla. Flip and repeat on other side.
- Bake at 350° F for 13-15 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, then enjoy!