Delicious summer salad made with corn, black beans, tomatoes, and avocado that is perfect as a appetizer or snack at your next gathering!
Spring is officially in full swing and summer is just around the corner. That means more beach time (!!!), BBQ’s, and lounging outside on our sweet new patio.
This is the time of year I absolutely love.
The summers here in Michigan are absolutely beautiful and then pair that with living 1.5 miles from the beautiful beach of Lake Michigan and I’m one happy girl!
Nothing better that just heading to the beach for the day, letting the kiddos run around and play in the sand while I catch some rays and read a few chapters of a new book.
Living and growing up in Florida, I realize that I really took for granted living there. I didn’t visit the beach very often and when I did, it was so crowded that it wasn’t enjoyable.
No matter what time of year it was the beaches were always crowded and full of people. Even the beach bars and restaurants that were “local hangouts” were crowded.
Even though the beach bars and restaurants were crowded, it’s probably those places that I miss the most. Just grabbing a table or belling-up to the bar getting drinks, enjoying the people-watching on the beach and enjoying the sunshine, warm weather, and salty water.
But this semi-introvert doesn’t really like or enjoy big crowds… maybe the reason I didn’t visit the beach very often?
But the beach here is almost completely empty. There are usually one a handful of people and I can let the kiddos run around without worrying.
What kind of mom would I be if I went to the beach without snacks and drinks?
I always have to have a cooler full of stuff… and this might just be in the next cooler for the beach.
I originally made this for a BBQ we went to a few weeks back and it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it and it was the first thing to disappear among all the goodies that were available.
I think the creamy avocado is what makes this summer salad so delicious.
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cups corn fresh or frozen
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, add all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a food processor add onion and cilantro and pulse until finely chopped, about 30 seconds. (You may also hand chop/finely dice these ingredients)
- In large bowl, add corn, avocado, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, and onion. Toss to combine. Pour dressing over top and toss again to evenly coat.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge for 3-4 days.