I love when it’s cranberry season because I start making all the cranberry things. And I especially try to incorporate them into gorgeous cocktails.
I love cranberry juice on its own but it can taste a little dry sometimes so I like to mix it up and make it sweet (or savory depending on the occasion).
Today I’ve got this beautiful cranberry orange gin fizz that I’ve made with some Empress Gin. They sent me 3 bottles a while back and I’ve slowly been making my way through them all.
This cocktail is the newest addition and I love the color layers that it created. Then add some bubbles and you’ve got a sweet holiday cocktail.
To make the cocktail with just regular gin and not layered, add your gin, cranberry juice, and orange juice into a pitcher with ice. Stir gently to combine.
Pour over rocks glasses filled with fresh ice, top with a little ginger beer, and garnish with an orange wedge and some fresh cranberries, if desired.
However, if you have some Empress Gin and want to make a beautiful layered cocktail combine just the two juices in a pitcher with ice and stir. Gently add the ginger beer and stir again.
When you’re ready to serve, pour into a rocks glass with fresh ice and slowly pour the gin over the top of the cocktail. It will naturally “float” on top.
Garnish with orange slice and fresh cranberries and serve.
Cranberry Orange Gin Fizz
- 8 oz gin
- 6 oz cranberry juice
- 2 oz orange juice
- 8 oz ginger beer
- orange slice
- fresh thyme
- fresh cranberries
- Combine gin, cranberry juice, and orange juice in a pitcher and stir with ice.
- When ready to serve, strain into glasses filled with fresh ice. Top with 2 oz ginger beer and garnish with orange slice, thyme, and cranberries.
- Combine cranberry and orange juice in a pitcher and stir together.
- When ready to serve, pour equally into 4 glasses filled with fresh ice. Top with 2 oz ginger beer and layer with 2oz color changing gin.
- Garnish with orange slice, thyme sprig, and fresh cranberries.