Happy Friday, ya’ll! I thought I’d start off the weekend with some yummy, delicious eggnog waffles.
Since eggnog is in season right now, I figured this would be another perfect way to enjoy some eggnog.
Personally I love eggnog and what better way to start the weekend by making some homemade waffles?
They were certainly a treat and even if you don’t like eggnog you can still enjoy these waffles.
The eggnog is not too overpowering but gives just the right amount of flavor but with added cinnamon and nutmeg.
Add a little eggnog glaze and you’ve got the perfect breakfast to start off your weekend!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp eggnog
- Preheat waffle iron to medium and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until just combined. Add melted butter, eggnog, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated.
- Scoop batter by 1/2 cupfuls (or more for larger waffles) onto heated waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s directions, until waffles are brown and crispy.
- In small bowl or measuring cup mix together powdered sugar and eggnog until smooth and glaze-like texture.
- If glaze is too thin, add more powdered sugar; too thick, add more egg nog.
- Drizzle on hot waffles and serve immediately.