Take your salmon dinner up a notch with this honey ginger sriracha glaze then bake it in the oven to flaky perfection.
This post was sponsored by Alaska Seafood as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Salmon is my absolute favorite fish to eat and prepare. You can never go wrong with a fresh, wild caught salmon from the fishmonger at your local grocery store or fish market.
When I head to the grocery store I always make sure to ask if the “wild caught” salmon is from Alaska because it doesn’t always say it on the sign.
Usually it is, as it was this time and I happily bought a 1.5 pound filet, the biggest they had in the store at the time, and took it home to make a honey ginger sriracha marinade.
The reason I ask the fishmonger is the salmon is from Alaska is because all Alaska salmon is wild and the cold waters are home to some of the world’s highest quality seafood.
It’s easy, healthy, and delicious and sold fresh (and frozen) year round for a wider range of seafood possibilities even when it’s -10 outside.
Because when it’s -10 outside is usually when I get the craving for seafood. Haha, no joke.
Guess a product of growing up in Florida and having access to all different types of fresh seafood year round.
For this salmon dish, I made a little twist on the honey sriracha chicken I made a while back.
This time I added a little ginger paste and a couple other seasonings and then brushed it on the salmon.
Wild salmon is already naturally pink but the color that developed after cooking with the sriracha is just to die for.
And the flavor is on point – not too hot from the sriracha and not too sweet from the honey but just the perfect balance.
It’s a good thing that I decided to guy the largest salmon they had available because there were not any leftovers after the family was done with this.
- 1.5 lb wild caught salmon filet
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° F and spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place salmon filet on baking sheet, skin side down.
- In a small bowl, add honey, sriracha, garlic, vinegar, and ginger paste and whisk to combine.
- Brush 2/3 contents of bowl generously onto salmon filet. Place in oven and bake at 400° F for 12-14 minutes.
- When salmon is done, remove from oven and brush remaining sauce onto salmon then sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.