OMG! It’s the weekend… hands up for the weekend!
I have seriously had that song stuck in my head on perpetual replay for the past month or so. It’s terrible.
My family must think I’m crazy because I’ve just been shouting out that one line at random intervals through the day.
I don’t even know why that particular song, either. I don’t even listen to the radio all that often. It’s odd.
What’s not odd, though, is this gorgeous honey lemon chicken.
I’ve said before that I love some chinese takeout but there is not a good place to get takeout here.
So I have resorted to making my own and so far both times I have tried have turned out fantastic.
This honey lemon chicken is perfect for any day of the week and only takes about 20 minutes to prepare.
Instead of grabbing takeout tonight, just whip this together instead. I’m sure that you already have all the ingredients.
Honey Lemon Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into chunks
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- pinch ground ginger
- Combine chicken, soy sauce, and rice vinegar in large ziplock bag and toss to evenly coat chicken. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Drain and transfer chicken to plate. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In separate bowl, whisk together chicken stock, lemon juice, honey, cornstarch, and ground ginger. Set aside.
- Place chicken in pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove chicken and place on clean plate.
- Pour sauce mixture into the previously used pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes until sauce boils and thickens. Add chicken back into saute pan with sauce and toss to coat evenly.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately over bed of rice or with your favorite side.