Try making this quick and delicious weeknight dinner of honey sriracha chicken... with the perfect amount of heat and sweet.
I have to admit that sriracha is one of my favorite hot sauce flavors. I literally put it on everything.
A few months back my hubby made this sriracha chicken dish that I absolutely loved. He loves his food hot and super spicy, and there are times I do too, but we have kids and when he made it he ended up having to wash off some of that great sriracha flavor just so the kids could eat dinner. No good.
So I felt the need to try and recreate his sriracha dish but with a little sweetness, and not so much heat that it sets your mouth on fire when you take a bite. Enter my honey sriracha chicken… the perfect balance of spicy and sweet. I didn’t even have to rinse off any of the flavor for the kids and they devoured their portions. Win-win-win!
This dish pairs perfectly with Idahoan’s newest mashed potato, their Signature Russet Potatoes. They have such a smooth and rich taste, with just a hint of butter and cream, that it just works with a sweet and spicy dish like this chicken.
Plus, if you’re like me and usually forget to make a side dish to go with the main dish, then Idahoan’s got you covered because their Signature Russet Potatoes can be made in less than 5 minutes with either milk and butter or just water (cuz ya know, I run out of milk all.the.time.). So I keep a big, resealable bag on hand for times exactly like this one.
So go ahead and grab some chicken, sriracha, and honey and get to cooking. Even though this recipe says it takes 55 minutes… most of it is idle time just waiting for the chicken to cook in the oven. Just coat the chicken with the sriracha mixture, add it to a baking pan or sheet, and then bake until finished. Easy peasy!
And you can have a gourmet meal any day of the week!
Honey Sriracha Chicken
- 4 bone-in chicken legs & thighs
- 6 Tbsp sriracha sauce divided
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Place chicken in resealable bag and add 4 Tbsp. of sriracha sauce and all of lime juice. Close bag and toss to coat chicken evenly; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450° degrees F and grease baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. After chicken is done marinating, place in greased baking pan and cook for about 30-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and skin is slightly crispy on outside.
- While chicken is cooking, whisk together remaining 2 Tbsp. sriracha sauce and 2 Tbsp. honey.
- When chicken is finished cooking, remove from oven and brush each chicken with equal amount of honey/sriracha mixture. Cover with foil and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with fresh cilantro. Serve immediately with your favorite side dish.