Quick and easy chicken dish with tomatoes, onions, and spicy jalapeños baked to perfection and topped with crumbly queso fresco cheese.
This post has been sitting on my computer, in the ‘drafts’ folder, waiting for me to write the content for about 3 months now. And for some reason I’m just not feeling it.
The writing of course… not this Mexican chicken bake because it is seriously delish.
See, writing is not really my forte. I’ve always had a hard time with writing and seriously struggled with it in high school and college.
I guess it’s just not something that comes naturally to me.
Well, then why do you blog?
For some reason, I just feel like I can’t get the words to come out of my head and flow onto the paper easily like some other people.
After a few years and finally realizing that the writing part of blogging was making me not love it, I switched focuses to something that I knew I loved to do… cooking, baking, and eventually discovering a love for photography.
Plus, there is only so much you can write about when talking about your own fitness journey.
I love the recipe development, testing, cooking, food styling, and most importantly the photography aspect of the blog and that is what truly keeps my fuel fired when blogging.
If it were solely based on the writing, I would have quit blogging years ago. Haha.
So posts like this (and about 20 more) sit in queue, haunting me, until I finally just sit down and force myself to write. And even then the writing is terrible – or maybe it’s just my self-criticism – and I just write to get the post out of queue and finally onto the blog.
Albeit 3 months later.
Writing about the food is boring to me also because there is really only so many times I can say that a food is delicious, or whatever colorful adjectives you want to use, when writing about food.
Yes, some people do it really well. Me, not so much. But if the recipe wasn’t delicious I would be posting it. Amiright?!?
So whether you read these posts or not, thanks for at least sticking with me and allowing me to share my recipes with you.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 jalapeños sliced
- queso fresco crumbled, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450° F and spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and chili powder. Sprinkle over chicken and rub to coat evenly.
- Top each piece of chicken with layer of tomato then layer of red onion. Sprinkle with minced garlic and sliced jalapeños.
- Bake at 450° F for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Top with crumbled queso fresco and serve.