Dress up your plain 'ole tots by turning them into Mexican Tot-chos and adding shredded cheese, pico, guac, and crema!
Ya’ll, I totally just realized that I didn’t post a recipe last month! Like, what?!?
Even though I didn’t post a recipe last month, I have been getting back into the kitchen and whipping up more tasty noms. Now that we are fully settled into the house, my kitchen is completely unpacked, put together, and organized, I’m ready to jump in full swing again.
Today I’m sharing a fun twist on some plain ‘ole tater tots…. Mexican Tot-chos!
I’ve been making dressed up tot-chos for a few years now but usually only occasionally. This time I made these for lunch for the kiddos and they almost devoured the whole pan.
I really think I’ll have to start making these more often now that I know the little kiddos loved them. I’ll be sure to share all my other tot-cho recipes with you, too!
Of course, they made a huge mess but I’m ok with that. That’s what fun summer lunches are all about, right? Especially since the two older ones start school in the nest week.
Ugh, I can’t believe that I just said that. Makes me sad that summer is coming to an end but I’ll be glad to be getting into a normal routine again and having Aubrey start school and make some new friends.
It’ll also give me some one-on-one time with the two littlest babies for the next couple years before they start school. Also, some much needed peace and quiet during nap/quiet time in the afternoon for me to get caught up on blog work, cooking, photographing, whatever I need to get done without distractions.
Anyway, here’s my take on some dressed up Mexican Tot-chos! These would make a great meal on their own or you can use them as a side to your burger or entrée.
- 1 bag tater tots frozen
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup black olives sliced
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- Mexican crema for drizzle
- Preheat oven according to tot package directions. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Toss tots with chili powder and arrange on baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake according to package directions, about 20 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and evenly top with shredded cheese.
- Place back in oven to melt cheese, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh pico de gallo, olives, guacamole, and drizzle with crema.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!