Tacos are my jam! And as of this publish date… I have no less than 6 taco recipes on this little blog here. And tons more in the works.
I am also a huge fan of ethnic food. All ethnic food. Indian, Asian, Mexican, Mediterranean, whatever… if it’s edible, I will try and eat it. Unless it’s food like that Andrew Zimmern guy likes to eat, then no. Just, no.
The other day my girlfriend and I met for lunch at our local Indian food restaurant. It’s a little hole-in-the wall place that’s in this little run-down strip mall but I swear they have some of the best food.
Aren’t those kinds of places always the ones with great food?
Anyway, as much as I love to go to eat with my girlfriends and get away from the kids for a little while and grab lunch, it’s not always as possible as I want it to be. So I have resorted to having to try and make some of my favorite ethnic food here at home.
Which, I have to say, does definitely turn out quite nicely and definitely satisfies my cravings for different types of food besides meat and more meat like the hubby.
These naan tacos are filled to the brim with delicious curry turkey and slathered with tangy Greek yogurt. Since I have begin making naan bread on the regular, it’s fun to try and incorporate it into different dishes. Tacos being one of them.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 bunch scallions sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 naan breads
- plain Greek yogurt
- diced tomatoes
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook, stirring often until browned, 6-8 minutes.
- Add whites of scallions, garlic, curry powder, coriander, cumin, and ground mustard and stir well to incorporate. Add chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly until scallions are soft; 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place naan bread on plate and spread 1 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt over top. Scoop turkey mixture over top. Add more sliced scallions and diced tomatoes.
- Fold into taco shape and serve.