I’m pretty sure I’ve declared my love for peanut butter here on the blog before. But now that I’m about 7 months pregnant… that love is even stronger.
For some reason during this pregnancy all I am craving is peanut butter.
Peanut butter on apples.
Peanut butter on toast.
Peanut butter bread.
With added peanut butter on top.
I know, I’m crazy. But peanut butter bread is currently where it’s at.
I’m also a huge fan of quick bread recipes… banana bread and the like.
Plus, you just cannot go wrong with a homemade slice of flavored bread smothered in butter, or peanut butter, or just warmed in the microwave for a couple seconds as a sweet little treat.
I have to admit that I do have a problem when it comes to having a bread like this in the house.
It gets devoured in like a day, by mostly me, and I have no shame or guilt in doing so. Especially since I’m currently preggo.
This bread, thankfully lasted a few days as I really tried to contain myself from eating the whole thing in one sitting.
The next morning I went to heat myself a little slice and the baby even asked for a slice warmed. Then devoured it with just as much gusto as I did. Haha
Hey, peanut butter bread is definitely an approved breakfast food.
Anyway, this bread comes together in about an hour. The longest time begin the cooking as you can bring the batter together in less than 5 minutes while the oven preheats.
Bonus that most of the ingredients for this bread you probably already have in your pantry – I know I do.
And now I’m thinking of breaking them out and making another loaf as this one you see in the pictures is long-gone.
Yep, that sounds like a great idea. Off to the kitchen I go.
Peanut Butter Bread
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using electric mixer, cream together peanut butter and both sugar until combined. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Stir in sour cream.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Pour evenly into loaf pan and bake at 350° F for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before enjoying!