Can't go wrong with a classic peanut butter cookie made soft and chewy for the prefect peanut butter treat.
I have a slight obsession with peanut butter.
But there is just something about a classic peanut butter cookie that makes everything in the world ok.
I mean, who can really resist a good peanut butter cookie.. unless of course, your allergic to peanuts. In that case, I feel terrible for you.
Peanut butter cookies are one of my all time favorite cookie and there is nothing better than a warm one fresh out of the oven.
Sprinkled with a little sugar as they are cooling… mmmm. It’s making my mouth water just writing this and making me want to whip up another batch. I have all the ingredients in the pantry because this is such a simple, yet classic, cookie to make.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or with electric beaters, beat together butter, brown sugar, and regular sugar until creamy and fluffy. Mix in egg, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Scoop onto prepared baking sheet and bake at 350° F for 9-11 minutes until cookies are just golden on the edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely.