Simple and packed full of peanut butter flavor, these peanut butter cupcakes are sure to be a hit at your next party or gathering!
I am a huge sucker for peanut butter. I’m not 100% sure what I would do if I couldn’t have peanut butter in my life.
So when I saw this recipe for an old fashioned peanut butter cake from Goodie Godmother, I knew it was fate and that I just had to make it.
As much as I love peanut butter, I had never actually had peanut butter cake or cupcakes before.
But now I have one more thing to add peanut butter too when I’m having a peanut butter craving… peanut butter cupcakes!
Mary is my go-to cake guru when I’m looking for an elegant, tasty yet simple cake (or cupcakes) to make when the time calls for it.
Or when I’m just having a craving and need to make me some cupcakes cuz I’m preggers.
I could seriously spend (and I have) all day just browsing her site, getting ideas, getting hungry, then ending up printing something off and going upstairs to make it.
Anyway, these peanut butter cupcakes are everything I could ever ask for in a cupcake. Light and fluffy with the prefect balance of peanut butter.
And then that peanut butter buttercream frosting… ah, I die! So delish.
This recipe easily makes 24 cupcakes, but you can 1/2 the recipe and only make 12 if you prefer.
Or your waistline prefers because you will not be able to stop eating these.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line 2 cupcake/muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using electric mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Beat in peanut butter, eggs and vanilla. Add oil and milk and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until just incorporated; making sure not to over-mix.
- Scoop out mixture into prepared cupcake tins, filling each 2/3 full. Bake at 350° F for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Using electric beaters, or a stand mixer, beat together butter peanut butter, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Mix until the powdered sugar is fully incorporated and frosting is light and fluffy.
- Frost your cupcakes and enjoy!