Sparkling prosecco, pear flavored simple syrup, and vodka make a delicious cocktail that's perfect for your holiday parties!
Pears are one of my all-time favorite fruits. I actually enjoy pears more than I like apples.
When we lived in Florida, we were able to get all these delicious fruits year-round and I was never deprived of my pears.
Well, now that we’re in snowy Michigan I can, obviously, only get fruits and veggies when they’re in season. Which is a little disappointing.
So when I was doing my weekly shopping and noticed that there were pears in the produce section, I got super excited and probably bought way too many of them.
But meh… they’ll get eaten or used in recipes. Like this pear prosecco cocktail.
Since pear itself is such a subtle flavor, I decided to would be best utilized as either a puree or simple syrup. You get more of the pear flavor that way and that’s exactly what I did. Then mixed it with my favorite prosecco and added a little kick of vodka.
This pear cocktail will definitely be making another debut at Christmas!
The simple syrup makes a lot, enough for you to make a whole slew of cocktails which is perfect for large gatherings or parties.
Or if you’re not having people over then it keeps in the fridge for about a week for you to make all the pear cocktails you want!
Pear Simple Syrup
- 1 medium pear chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 oz pear vodka
- 1 bottle prosecco
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, add chopped pear and 1 Tbsp. sugar. Cook down until pears are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add water, remaining sugar, and cinnamon stick to saucepan. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool completely. Strain through fine mesh strainer to remove pear chunks and any seeds.
- Pour 1 oz pear vodka and 1/2 oz pear simple syrup into a wine glass. Top off with prosecco.
- Serve and enjoy!