Summertime is my absolutely favorite time of year and this pineapple passionfruit tom collins is literally summer in a glass.
The other week, I was doing some grocery shopping and bought this passionfruit nectar when I was picking up some other nectars in the juice section. I had honestly, never seen passionfruit nectar before in a can and thought, “why not?”
I’ve also been wanting to try this butterfly pea flower gin that I’ve been seeing everywhere to make some gorgeous color changing drinks. Like, seriously, how beautiful is this cocktail?
You can, of course, make this with just regular gin that you have in the cabinet – but the Empress Gin really makes this drink pop and have that gorgeous color change effect.
Start by adding the passionfruit nectar, pineapple juice, lemon juice, and simple syup to a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker about 1/2 to 2/3 with fresh ice.
Cover and shake for 30 seconds or until the drink is thoroughly combined and chilled.
Strain the mixture into a collins glass filled with fresh crushed or pebble ice. Then pour over about 2 oz of club soda and stir gently.
Layer with the butterfly pea flower gin and garnish with a lemon twist.
The gin comes in this gorgeous blueish purple color and when mixed with some kind of citrus changes to a pinkish hue. It definitely makes for a gorgeous cocktail!
Pineapple Passionfruit Tom Collins
- 1/2 oz passionfruit nectar
- 1/2 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 barspoon simple syrup or more to taste
- 1 1/2 oz gin use Empress Gin for the color effect
- club soda
- In a cocktail shaker, add passionfruit, pineapple, lemon juice and simple syrup. Fill shaker 1/2 way with ice.
- Cover and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain into collins glass filled with fresh crushed ice.
- Pour about 2 oz of club soda over top and later with Empress Gin. Garnish with lemon twist.