Make these super simple pepperoni pizza muffins for a quick lunch or snack that is sure to please!
I think I’ve mentioned before that our family is big on snacks. And if not… well then, there you go. I feel like I am always making something for us to munch on.
Or if I’m not in the mood to cook anything, then I usually always have a cabinet full of snacks and things for the kids. And me.
Then one afternoon I was craving pizza.
But alas, we didn’t have any pizza in the house. And I actually didn’t have any dough on hand to make a pizza, but I had a couple cans of biscuits!
I don’t know about you… but I love quick, whip-together, on-a-whim type of meals.
These pizza muffins definitely look like a snack, but they eat like a meal. I had about 2-3 before I was so full that I felt like I needed to go break out my sweatpants with the stretchy elastic.
But of course the hubby ate about 4-5 and the kids 2-3 each.
Side note: where do kids put all that food that they consume? Seriously. I feel like my kids eat all. day. long. and I just don’t know where it goes.
They eat a meal and 30 minutes later they are hungry for a snack and pulling something out of the cabinet or fridge again. Arg..
Anyway, these pizza muffins lasted about 2 days in the house with as much food as my kids eat.
We had them for dinner that night and then the kids devoured the last 2-3 for a snack the next day.
These are really best served piping hot out of the oven and with a side of your favorite marinara or pizza sauce for dipping. When you pull them apart the cheese inside just melts and stretches out to create a delicious bite with a little bit of muffin and pepperoni.
Now, go ahead and experiment with filling for these. You really can’t go wrong.
- 16 grands biscuits
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 6 oz sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Open grands biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters with kitchen knife or scissors. Place into large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over top of rolls and mix to coat rolls evenly. Add mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, and pepperoni and gently toss to combine all ingredients.
- Fill each muffin tin with pizza roll mixture and then bake in 350° F oven for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes then serve with pasta sauce for dipping (optional).