Deliciously sweet fall treat of pumpkin cupcakes topped with a whipped marshmallow buttercream frosting.
There was a time when this blog had zero cake or cupcake recipes. I’ve always felt kind of uncomfortable with my cake/cupcake baking skills for some reason… even though they have all turned out great.
And with the addition of this recipe, I do believe that we are up to 3 or 4 recipes!
Which makes me smile…
Now, my frosting skills are still something to be desired but I’m working on it and eventually I’ll feel more comfortable at that also.
Anyway… guys it’s pumpkin season and so I’ve been posting all the pumpkin recipes! And apple recipes… because it’s still apple season here and apples are only $0.49 a pound at the grocery store! Holla!
I have been buying apples non-stop so it’s a good thing that my kids love to eat them.
But back to all the pumpkin recipes… This is just another of many that I’ve already made and photographed. I want to say that I probably made more apple and pumpkin recipes this year that I ever have in my life.
But I’m not complaining and neither is my family!
These pumpkin cupcakes are the perfect embodiment of fall. They have a distinct pumpkin and pumpkin spice flavor that is topped off with a sweet marshmallow buttercream frosting.
I originally thought that the marshmallow buttercream would be a bit to sweet for this recipe, but it turned out perfect and I can’t imagine putting anything else on top of these delish treats!
Now I could have gone all halloween on you with these and added some chocolate ghost eyes or something to make them for “halloween-ish” but I’m just not much for halloween themed food.
And honestly, these cupcakes stand on their own and don’t need anything else added to them.
But I would highly recommend making them for your halloween party! And if you add some chocolate eyes or something… I won’t fault you for it. haha
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Using a cupcake scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop batter into lined muffin tin; filling only until 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350° F for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean and cupcakes are done. Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using electric beaters, beat together butter, marshmallow fluff, and vanilla until well incorporated. Add the powdered sugar and mix slowly until incorporated into frosting then turn mixer to high and beat for additional minute until stiff.
- When the cupcakes are cool, frost them and enjoy.